Whether we sit irregularly for 1 to 2 hours or spend maximum time of a day sitting on a chair, we always expect that our time on the chair will be healthy and comfortable.
After buying, setting a chair according to the comfortable height and distance, and sitting on it following advised sitting positions, we can ensure having a healthy time on the chair. For that, we don’t need to buy anything additionally.
On the other hand, sometimes we have to purchase extra armrest covers to make a comfy room for our elbows. Because most of the times the chair comes with hard armrests. These comfy pads not only make cozy room for the elbows, but they also reduce the chance of elbow injuries.
The tendency to purchase chair arm pads is severe in office employees. To satisfy this vast demand, many suppliers also supply these pads; but the truth is, not all the pads out there deserve a good rating.
To help office employees like you who are looking for the best office chair armrest covers for their favorite chairs, we have written this content. We have reviewed 5 best armrest covers here, and also answered some most frequently asked questions about them. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of what actually deserves your purchase.
Office Chair Armrest Pads and Arm Covers Review
Table Of Content
- Office Chair Armrest Pads and Arm Covers Review
- FAQs on Arm Covers and Pads
- Summing It Up
In this section, we have reviewed our chosen armrest overs on the basis of their main features, and how those features will benefit you. Among these five, you will get armrest covers with different shape, size and installation method. You should choose the one that resembles your requirements.
1. Armazing Memory Foam Arm Pads 4958
This pair of foam pads from Evoluent will make the hard armrests of your office and household chairs soft and comfortable place for your elbow. When you cover up your office chair with these comfy foam covers, it doesn’t matter how long you sit on your chair, at the end of the day, your elbows will be fine and painless.
The inner side of these soft covers is made of durable cozy memory foam. As a material, memory foam has good pressure absorbing power comparing with other foams out there. During your time on the chair, when you put your elbow on this foam, it goes down; eventually, when you remove the pressure, it will be back to its original shape.
These armrest covers come with a good range of fitting capabilities. They will properly fit with any chair’s arm that ranges from 6 to 11 inches. A rounded extendable rubber boarding has been done at the bottom side of these covers. As a result, if your chair is in-between the accepted range, they will adjust their size and grab the armrest tightly.
- Memory foam will deliver you excellent soothing service around your office hours.
- You can choose these pads for any office chair armrest that measures 6 to 11 inches.
- Rubber base fitting system allows you to fit the covers with your chair properly.
- Both fitting and removing of these soft covers are easy; they only take a few seconds.
2. Ergo360 Soft Neoprene Chair Armrest Covers
If your office or household chair has a long armrest handle and you are planning to cover it with a comfy layer, Ergo360 armrest covers can be your choice. These soft pads can cover up to 16 inches long and 4 inches wide area. After covering up your chair with these professional built-in look pads, you will enjoy excellent armrest cushioning all the time.
Covering the armrests with Ergo360 pads is overall a stress-free process. The armrest covers have grommets and cord at the backside. Simply, running the cord into the eyelets, as you do for lacing up your shoes, anyone can attach these foam pads to the chair. The entire installation will take just a few minutes.
With this single pair of pads, you can cover different types of chair’s armrest, including wheelchairs. As the covers have an excellent length as well as a flexible attaching system, they comfortably match with most of the chairs’ arm handles’ design and shape. Overall, these comfy covers will work as covering of damages, cushioning for sitting, and the best protection of the chair’s arms.
- These 5/8-inch thick high resiliency foam pads will make comfy room for your elbows in a wide range of chair.
- Just following simple shoe-lacing style, you can install these covers for the comfort of your elbow.
- Foam pads comfortably fit with both straight and curve type of chair arm handle.
- After a few days of use, you can wash these soft breathable surface materials by your hand.
3. Ergo360 Chair Armrest Arm Pad Covers
This pair of Ergo360 arm covers is for the chair users who want to customize their comfort. Unlike other cushioning pads, here the supplier provides a pair of additional ½-inch foam inserts with the original pair. So, after attaching the original pads, if you think your elbows need more comfort, you can add the insert foam to them.
If you wish, you can add double cushioning to your office chair. However, in general, you will enjoy excellent comfort installing these covers because these foam layers distribute pressure more evenly across the elbows and forearms. As a consequence, even after sitting for long hours at straight, you feel physically motivated and relaxed.
Just like our first selection, these Ergo chair covers can also be a comfortable solution to a wide range of office chair’s armrests. These pads stretch from 7” to 11″ in length and up to 4″ in wide. With this measurement, you can easily cover up most of your residentially and commercially used chairs.
- With these genuine, high-density memory foam armrest covers, you can transform any hard chair into a soft and smooth one.
- Double foam padding system allows you to make comfy to comfier room for your elbow anytime you want.
- Each cover features an elastic opening for a snug fit, which makes both openings and removing of the cover a matter of a few seconds.
- You can coat any chair with these pads which armrests measure between 7 to 11-inch in length.
4. Aloudy Ergonomic Memory Foam Office Chair Armrest Pads
This is another pair of super snug chair arm handle covers. Along with the super comfy inner structure, these pads have a stylish outer part too. Other than making comfy room for your elbow, if you want to cover up the damaged area of your office chair handle, this pair of foam from Aloudy can also be your pick.
These covers have a beautiful finishing, and the good thing is, you can revive this beauty once it gets dirty by just throwing them into your washing machine. Yes, these Aloudy covers are machine washable, there is an invisible zip in each pad, simply unzipping it you can clean the cover.
Let’s move to the inner side. These pads are the result of 100% memory foam and velvet polyester. The memory foam relieves pressure and gives the arms cozy room to rest. To enjoy all the comfort, you just have to stretch the strong elastic band of each cover and fit it onto your chair’s handle.
- With 9.5” x 4.5” x 1.5” body dimension, the pads can fit with a variety of chairs.
- These snug polyester armrest covers won’t soak sweat and keep themselves always fresh.
- Pads are easy to fit, remove, and can be washed into the washing machine.
- Upon the availability of colors, you can choose one harmonizing with your chair color.
5. Memory Foam Arm Chair Pads for Home and Office
These Grand House’s high-density memory foam made armrest covers were made to last long. Which means you will enjoy all the benefits like, fantastic cushioning, elbow pain reducing, pressure disappearing over a long period of time. Additionally, over the months of use, three non-slip mechanisms will keep these pads just on their exact position.
These cushion pads have an innovative design that is powered with both Velcro straps and a stretchable skirt. Because of this innovative design, pads fit with most armrests regardless of their type. For example, if you choose one of these pillows, it will fit with your leather office chairs, dx racer chairs, wheelchairs, crutches, and other types of office and residential chair.
After days of use, when you find that your armrest covers need a bath, you can wash them as Grand House comfy pillows are machine washable. The practical design of these pillows will also let you remove them from the chair within a few seconds. After all, enjoying the fresh vibe from your pillow will be an effortless task for you.
- These premium quality memory foam made covers will allow you to rest your arms comfortably for a long time.
- The anti-slip bottom always helps the covers to be stable on its position around the day.
- With the help of Velcro strap and stretchable skirt, you can tightly adjust the pads on the armrests of your chair.
- The universal fitting facility lets you use every single cover for the different type of your house or office chairs.
FAQs on Arm Covers and Pads
In this part of our post, we have answered four most frequently asked question about the armrest covers. I hope you will know more going through the answers about the chair armrest covers. Later, with the help of your knowledge, you will be a better user of the armrest comfy pads for sure.
1. Can I wash my armrest cover?
Answer: We cover up our office chair’s armrests with foam pads for the comfortable placement of our elbow, but after a couple of days of use, these pads become dirty and need to be cleaned.
However, as these covers are made with different types of material, it entirely depends on the durability and tolerance of the materials.
Some materials lose their elasticity and brightness after washing, and some remain unchanged. So, as a user, it will be wise to go through the instruction manual to know about the cleaning process. Additionally, you will find some covers that can be washed by machine and some are recommended for handwashing.
2. Do armrest covers displace from their positions after the installation?
Answer: In one word, no, they remain solid in the center of the chair armrests.
Nevertheless, when you constantly use a pair of armrest covers, at some point of use, you may find them slightly loose. In most cases, you can just reinstall them to make a firm attachment with the chair.
3. Which type of arm cover is easy to use?
Answer: In the market, you will get covers with different types of fitting arrangement. Some of the popular methods are elastic rubber, Velcro straps, and lacing.
Among these three, elastic rubber-based covers are easiest to fit on the armrest, and the lacing covers take time to attach and remove for replacement or washing.
4. Can an office chair covers be used for the wheelchair?
Answer: Whether a particular chair’s armrest covers will fit with another chair or not depends on primarily two factors, the length, and fitting style.
Firstly, if two chairs have a similar type of armrest and have almost similar length and width, one’s cover will fit another comfortably; otherwise will not.
Secondly, if your chosen foam pads are made following either lacing or Velcro straps attaching method, you can install one’s on another easily even if their lengths are quite different.
Finally, if your wheelchair satisfies any of those two conditions in respect of your office chair, you can use a single pair of pads for both of your chairs without an issue.
Summing It Up
Getting the best office chair armrest covers, you are not just going to ensure comfortable and healthy sitting for yourself; you are also saving your bucks. If you can buy good grade covers, they will have a better lifespan, and save the cost of repurchasing.
However, whenever you buy armrest covers for your chair, we wish that they will have all the features that an armrest cover should have to take care of your chair and your body.